Fresh from our Farmhouse Breakfast Week, Scaman's Eggs share their top tips for tasty omelettes!Read More
With Farmhouse Breakfast Week just around the corner, Ladies in Pigs share their recipe for yummy bacon muffins!
Farmhouse Breakfast Week is one of our most favourite foodie weeks of the year – a whole five days dedicated to the most important meal of the day! A healthy, filling dish packed full of fuel and nutrients is just what you need to start the day. After all, we've all heard the saying “Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a Pauper”.
Due to high demand, we've decided to run a second Farmhouse Breakfast Week this year, with one taking place in January and another in November. On 12, 14 and 16 November, school children will take part in a fun-filled morning of activities at the Showground. Pupils will be given the opportunity to get hands-on by making their own tasty breakfast snacks, exploring in a real tractor and learning all about the most important meal of the day – breakfast!
Ladies in Pigs will be joining the children and making delicious bacon muffins, they have shared their recipe with us.
- 300g flour
- 100g cheese
- 4 slices of grilled smoked bacon (chopped finely)
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to gas Mark 6 (200 degrees). Sieve flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Fold cheese and bacon into the flour mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
- Bake on the middle shelf for 12/20 minutes.
About Ladies in Pigs
Ladies in Pigs (LIPs) is an organisation which is keen to educate and inspire people to use only the best British Red Tractor pork and pork products in their cooking, find out more at www.ladiesinpigs.co.uk.