The Lincolnshire Showground is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Lincolnshire Showground may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has been updated in line with GDPR policies which came into effect on 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- If you complete our contact form, your data will be shared with the relevant department at the Lincolnshire Showground for a member of the team to get in touch with you. The contact information you provide is also stored within our website’s secure content management system.
- If you clicked to sign up for our marketing communications and have ticked the opt-in box, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find using the email address which you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. This site uses cookie to anonymously analyse web traffic and to allow users to log into the member areas.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitors needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. The first time you visit our website, a pop-up message will appear to give you the choice to accept cookies. If you’d prefer, you can disallow cookies in your browser but this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate whether or not you wish to receive future contact from us
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Lincolnshire Showground, Grange-de-Lings, Lincoln, LN2 2NA. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.