A delicious summer treat from Rachel Green 24 Aug
Breakfast Brioche and Pecan Pudding with Maple Syrup
- 5 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 500ml whole milk
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 brioche loaf sliced
For the maple syrup and pecan topping:
- 100g pecan nuts
- 75g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 3tbsp maple syrup
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- In a bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, caster sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Whisk until the mixture is blended but not frothy.
- Cut the brioche slices in half and arrange in a well-buttered rectangular baking dish, overlapping the slices. Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices; making sure it is all covered evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight if possible.
- The next day, top with pecans. Warm together all of the remaining ingredients until the butter has just melted. Remove from the heat and cool slightly, then pour over the French toast.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until puffed and lightly golden in colour - if the top of the pudding starts to go brown, cover with foil.
- Serve with extra maple syrup!
Thanks to Rachel Green, Michael Powell and L J Fairburn - for more recipes from Rachel visit her website.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as the #LincsShowgirls! If you decide to give it a go at home, why not send us a picture on Twitter @lincsshowground, or tag us on Instagram @showglincs?