NHS Vaccination Centre opens at the Lincolnshire Showground 12 Jan
- The vaccination centre is open 7 days a week with opening times varying, for any queries relating to appointments please visit the NHS website, call 119 or contact your GP.
- For those visiting the Showground for a Covid-19 vaccination please enter through Gate 1 off the A15, you will then be guided to the EXO Centre by stewards. For further information on travelling to the Showground, please click here.
- There is plenty of free parking available on-site, please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please note face coverings must be worn at all times inside the venue.
- Please do not call the Lincolnshire Showground as we are unable to help with vaccination queries, call 119 which is the NHS Covid line - thank you.
With the roll-out of COVID-19 vaccination centres across the country, the Lincolnshire Showground is delighted to welcome teams from the NHS and local doctors’ practices to the newly-renovated EXO Centre as it is set up as a vaccination centre for the Lincolnshire area.
The EXO Centre was amongst a number of new vaccination centres to be announced in Lincolnshire this week, joining facilities at the hub at Lincoln County Hospital and in Grantham, Louth and South Lincoln. Appointments for the vaccine centre will commence in due course, please remember that you do not need to do anything. You will be contacted by your GP when it is your turn to be vaccinated.
A drive-through testing facility open to the public has been operational on the grounds of the Lincolnshire Showground since last spring and will continue to be during this time. Please note, the testing facility is on the opposite side of the showground to the EXO Centre building where vaccinations will take place.
Jane Hiles, Chairman of the Lincolnshire Agricultural Society said:
“Having worked with the NHS over Christmas, I am delighted that we now have one of the UK’s vaccination centres at the Lincolnshire Showground. They have moved into our award-winning EXO Centre that has been recently renovated and is ideal for them to take over. We have plenty of car parking space at the showground and are easily accessible for residents living in Lincoln and the surrounding area.”
Jane said “Achieving this over Christmas added to the pressure as we needed the cooperation of our contractors John Martin-Hoyes Ltd and solicitors Wilkin Chapman to be ready, but we got there and the first patients are expected very soon.”
Jayne Southall, CEO of Lincolnshire Showground said:
“Lincolnshire Showground is delighted to be supporting this important initiative to get the public vaccinated against Covid19, we will be doing all we can to support the agencies involved during this process.”
“The NHS vaccination centre uses a small part of the showground and only one of our buildings; we hope the vaccination campaign will help to bring the events industry back up and running when restrictions are lifted, and look forward to welcoming visitors back to our events when safe to do so.”