Coronavirus statement 05 Mar
Latest update: 17 March 2020
As a large events venue who host hundreds of events each year, welcome visitors through our gates daily, and with our team of over 20 employees on-site, we're monitoring the Coronavirus situation closely and carefully. We're continuing to read and implement the official guidance as it is released, and will provide further updates when required.
About Coronavirus (updated from the Government statement on 16 March 2020)
- Coronavirus is part of a family of virus’ which range from the common cold to SARS and MERS
- The vast majority of those catching Coronavirus will suffer not more than typical cold symptoms and then get better. Recovery is about a week
- If you, or anyone in your household, experience a high temperature or a new and continuous cough, you should self-isolate for 14 days
- Even if you have experience neither of the above symptoms, you should stop non-essential contact with others and stop all unnecessary travel
- Avoid all unnecessary social contact, particularly if you are over 70, pregnant or have underlying health conditions
What we're doing
- We have implemented a live control measures document which is being continually assessed and updated
- We are liaising with a Safety Advisory Group which includes representatives Emergency Planning and the East Midlands Ambulance Service, who in turn have links with national health authorities. We are also liaising with the ASAO (the Association of Show and Agricultural Organisations) who represent the UK's many agricultural, horticultural, equine and countryside events.
- We've checked that none of our team have recently travelled to any of the affected areas, have been in contact with anyone who may be affected or meet any of the criteria which would require them to self isolate
- We've asked members of staff to conduct meetings over the phone rather than face to face, and check with any people who attend the Showground if they have been in contact with anyone who may be affected
- We've issued information to our team about what to do if they feel unwell, where to read the latest advice and a reminder about hand washing procedures
- We're working closely with our contractors to support event organisers with queries and changing event dates where required
- We have taken extra measures to ensure the cleanliness of our venue
- We will be offering additional hand sanitising stations, and are displaying additional signage in public areas about hand washing
Advice regarding events
It had been advised that the public should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues. There has not yet been official advice on events, but we continue to review the advice daily.
If you're an event organiser
As an event organiser ourselves, we understand that these are uncertain and unprecedented times.
The safety of our organisers and visitors is a priority and we understand that you may have some questions about your upcoming event. Please do get in touch with our events team by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 01522 522900 if you have any questions at all or would like to discuss your event further.
If you're attending an event
We will continue to work with our team and external event organisers as further advice is released regarding Coronavirus. Any updates regarding events would be communicated via all our available channels. We would encourage all visitors to follow advice regarding regular and thorough handwashing, and to keep up to date with the Government's advice, reviewed daily here.