How to make monster omelettes 18 Jan
Farmhouse Breakfast Week is one of our most favourite foodie weeks of the year – a whole five days dedicated to the most important meal of the day! A healthy, filling dish packed full of fuel and nutrients is just what you need to start the day. After all, we've all heard the saying “Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a Pauper”.
Breakfast is essential for feeding your brain and body with energy after a good night's sleep, and is especially important for growing children. There is one food that is becoming more and more popular amongst adults and kids at breakfast time... eggs.
They are so rich in protein, making them ideal for children to help them grow big and strong. And, they're packed with high-quality vitamins and minerals to boost the immune system. When you buy eggs from a local free range farm, laid by hens that are fed high quality, locally-produced feed, you know they are going to taste great, too. What's not to love?
We're passionate about encouraging children to eat more eggs, which is why it's so great that eggs are incredibly versatile. Whether it's dippy eggs and soldiers in a favourite egg cup or monster omelettes, eating eggs for breakfast can be fun and filling. Making them can be just as fun, too!
Recipe for Monster Omelettes (inspired by Jamie Oliver and Laleh Mohmedi):
For the omelette:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- A handful of chives, chopped
- Your favourite locally-produced fillings
For the monster:
- A variety of vegetables
1. First, make the omelette. Carefully fry your favourite fillings over a low heat, then pour over the beaten eggs and chopped chives. Season to taste and leave to cook through.
2. Once the omelette has cooked, leave it to one side.
3. Make your monster! We used button mushroom caps and a small slice of steamed green bean to make the eyes and halved cherry tomatoes for red cheeks. For the mouth, we used another green bean and a mushroom cut into points, with more steamed green beans for legs.
We're so excited to be supporting the Lincolnshire Showground with Farmhouse Breakfast Week 2018, and can't wait to see what the school children will be cooking up in their omelettes!
About Scaman's Eggs.
Scaman's Eggs are a small but extremely passionate family-run business, providing free-range eggs produced by happy and healthy hens in the beautiful countryside of Little Grimsby, near Louth. As well as eggs, Scaman's Eggs sell a range of fun themed egg cups and toast cutters for children, perfect for making breakfast fun! Visit scamanseggs.co.uk.