Breakfast Week Virtual Workshops
Access farm-to-fork activities and cookery sessions focused on the most important meal of the day - breakfast!
What the teachers said...
From the fantastic communication to the quality resources received, breakfast week was truly a huge success. We are a school with a strong cooking and food science ethos, and have always been passionate about children’s understanding of nutrition, where their food comes from and endeavour to teach them the practical skills they need to be at home in a kitchen - we found all involved in this project were most definitely likeminded in these values and their enthusiasm for the project was infectious.
We had many children inspired enough to share the recipes with families at home, and many of those who were remote learning took part in showcasing their own breakfasts. We would love to work with Lincolnshire Showground in the future, both virtually and in person. We highly recommend other schools and educational settings getting involved too.
Miss Lunson, Teacher, Leys Farm Junior School
- Activity Plan - Omelette Making
- How eggs go from field to fork
- Omelette Making Ingredients and Instructions
Discover the Process of Milling
- Activity Plan Discover the Process of Milling
- Discover the Process of Milling worksheet
- Presentation - The milling process AHDB & Food a Fact of Life
Bacon and Cheese Muffin Making
- Activity Plan - Making Bacon and Cheese Muffins
- Bacon and Cheese Muffins Ingredients and Instructions
Red Tractor Label
- Activity Plan Red Tractor Label
- IWB game – Red Tractor Sorting Activity - https://ladies-in-pigs.pcgc.co.uk/basket/index.html
- Pig puzzle jigsaw IWB game https://ladies-in-pigs.pcgc.co.uk/jigsaw/index.html
Smoky Bacon and Fruity Seeded Flapjack