The Lincolnshire Showground is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Marketing Executive to join our small but busy Sales and Marketing team.
This is a fully involved, full-time role which will give you exposure to all elements of marketing. You will have the experience and confidence to lead on stand-alone projects but will also work well within our close-knit team. The position is highly visible within the business and offers excellent opportunities to further your marketing skills and experience.
You will be used to a varied workload and will play an instrumental part in promoting the Showground as an events venue, as well as working on the marketing plans for events that we organise including Countryside Lincs, the Lincolnshire Show and the Lincolnshire Food & Gift Fair.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns for Lincolnshire Agricultural Society (LAS) events, that are on time and to budget
- Helping to execute the Showground’s marketing plan
- Creating great content for our social media channels, including scheduling posts
- Day-to-day website management using our CMS
- Creating targeted email campaigns for different audiences
- Supporting the Education team to promote the charitable work that we do
- Copywriting and developing a range of engaging literature
- Writing and distributing press releases to local media
- Exploring new ways to enhance and grow our profile across different channels
- Sourcing internal news and topical content to produce a year-round series of blog posts
Being part of the Showground team means being involved with all areas of the business and having a hands-on approach to our events - so every day really is different.
To succeed, you will need to be flexible, good with managing your time and hard-working. You will need to show that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong IT skills. A level of skill in graphic design would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will have social media and digital marketing experience, plus demonstrate a broad understanding of marketing through at least 2 years of experience.
Reporting directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the role is office based and is generally within office hours, with the exception of working at our own events.
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter to Gemma Ball, Sales & Marketing Manager – Gball@lincolnshireshowground.co.uk.
Job description available on request.