40 Hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Grounds person to strengthen the team at the Lincolnshire Showground.
The venue is home to a wide range and diverse programme of events, from whole-site events to training days and of course its annual flagship event, The Lincolnshire Show.
The Lincolnshire Showground is home to the Lincolnshire Agricultural Society, a charity whose main objectives are to promote Food, Farming, and the Countryside within the wider community.
Reporting to the Showground and Facilities Manager, this is an opportunity for an experienced and passionate Grounds Person to play a key role ensuring that the grounds and facilities are maintained to an excellent standard.
The ideal candidate will have experience of grounds maintenance and associated work.
The successful applicant will have
- Knowledge and experience of following planned maintenance programmes
- The ability to maintain the grounds of the Showground to a high standard and include such tasks as weed control, grass cutting and reinstatement of the Showground.
- Responsibilities will include operating mowers and machinery (tractor mounted and ride on style)
- The skills to carry out a varied range of maintenance tasks.
- The ability to maintain equipment to ensure it is safe and fit for purpose
- A flexible approach towards working hours to help the Showground meet their needs for events and the needs of their clients.
- The willingness to carry out a physically demanding role.
- The ability to work as part of an extremely busy team
- Willingness to work outdoors regardless of the weather.
- Willingness to learn and fully engage with training.
- Full driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- Willingness to have DBS clearance checks.
There will be the requirement to work weekends, but this will be based on a Rota and agreed with the Showground Manager .
Please send a copy of your current CV and covering letter (stating why we should arrange an interview to see you) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 6th May 2022
Job Description available on request.